There are a number of rules which most courier services have to follow when starting out. Adhering to the rules ensures that you stay in business and become well known as well. The following are some things which need to be considered when embarking on a business in the courier industry
Transporting Goods By Road In UK
You need the following for same day courier delivery anywhere in the UK
- It is essential to follow the rules of the driving hour
- A license should also be handy at all times.
- It is also mandatory to follow the traffic rules
Transporting Goods Throughout Europe
In order to transport goods internationally a company needs to employ the services of freight forwarders. They are responsible for the following functions
- They help move your gear from one place to another
- They are also responsible for the clearance of your goods
- Their responsibility also entails that they oversee the packaging and safe delivery of all your parcels.
- The documentation required for transporting these goods is also done by a freight forwarder.
International Freight Forwarding
The following things must be taken in to account when transporting freight in Europe
- Documentation: it is necessary that all documents which might be required are present with the driver of the freight. Whether the freight is being transported by air, land or sea there are different documentation required for each. It is thereby necessary to consider each document separately.
- The packing material to be used: It is essential that the goods are packaged in a way that they are able to retain their original form. This means that the goods to be transported must always be in top condition. The usual packaging is made of wood, with great emphasis on the wood being properly fumigated and free from all sorts of pests.
Essential Documents Required For European Freight
- A standard shipping note is required which takes into account the type of goods being transported and the number of goods being transported.
- Separate cargo shipping instructions. These include the necessary precautions which the driver must take while transporting your goods, like how to handle your particular goods and so on. These ensure that the cargo is delivered as much precaution as possible.
- It is also essential to have an export license.
- A CMR note is also necessary and you have got to have four copies of the CMR note. One for the receiver, for the supplier, one for the courier staff and a copy which might be used for administration purposes.
- A CMR note consists of information about the goods, the complete weight of the cargo, the packaging of the goods.